26 places to drink this weekend
Stuck for somewhere to go this weekend? Looking for somewhere new? Here is a list of 26 places you could go in London this weekend, and a handy key to help decipher which you’re in the mood for. Aren’t I good to you. Oh, and two to avoid too.
Classy – Class
Relaxed – R
Date night – Date
Dancing – Dance
Cheapo cocktails – CC
Fun with friends – FF
Some watering hole favourites
1. Dado 54, Farringdon Street, Holborn Viaduct –CC
2. Tooting Tram, Tooting Broadway – Dance, FF
3. The Roxy, Rathbone Place, near Tottenham Court Road – Dance, FF
4. Simmons Bar, Fitzrovia – CC, R
5. Shaker & Company, near Warren Street –CC, FF
6. The Cut, Waterloo – Date, R
7. Vinopolis, London Bridge – Date, Classy
8. Wine Wharf, Borough – Date, Relaxed
9. Katzenjammers, London Bridge – FF, R
10. The Castle, Tooting – FF, R
11. Mews of Mayfair – FF, Classy
12. Powder Keg Diplomacy, Clapham Junction – R, Date
13. Market House, Brixton – FF, Dance
14. Bedroom Bar, Shoreditch – FF, CC
15. The Island Queen, Islington – R
16. Central & Co, Great Marlborough Street – R, Date
17. Edinbro Castle, Regents Park – R, FF
18. Vagabond Wines, Fulham – Class, Date, FF
19. Elk Bar, Fulham – FF, Dance
20. The London Cocktail Club, Goodge Street –Date, Classy
21. Dion, St Pauls – FF, Classy
22. The Prince Regent, Marylebone High Street – R
23. Jamie’s Wine Bar, all over – FF
24. Grape Shots, Artillery Lane – R
25. Be At One, all over – FF, CC
26. Crate Brewery, Hackney – FF
And two to avoid
1. Anywhere in Bank – Look at yourself in the mirror. Ask yourself ‘am I a genuinely dreadful person and proud?’ If the answer is no, then don’t go out in Bank. I say this as someone who used to go out in Bank on a Friday. What a misspent period of time that was.
2. Infernos, Clapham and its ilk – For people that never grew out of their university rugby team rituals.
- Image attribution: Didriks, Flickr
I'm Florence and I like to write.
When I'm not writing about pensions and mortgages in my day job, I write about my life in London, in which I cannot afford a mortgage even if I sold off a kidney, and I've still got another 40 years at least before I can access my pension.
I'd say I'm an ordinary girl looking for an extraordinary life, but clichéd phrases really annoy me.
Read my blog to find out more about my pet hates; and more on the places and things I love. And if you want to, please feel free to contact me with article ideas or feedback.